- "Elios4you" App
- Solar PV monitoring
- Power Reducer
- Smart Plug and Smart Switch
- Display and Widget
The user registration is not compulsory, but it allows two important functions which would otherwise not be available:
- “Cloud backup” functions, allowing to save and / or restore data on the “Elios4you” App on smartphone and tablet.
- System monitoring from a remote location: data reading of the Elios4you system is possible on the App only if the system is connected to your domestic / company network, via the “indirect connection mode”. Therefore, it is possible to configure the “Elios4you” App with two modes:
- Direct mode: direct connection of the smartphone/tablet to the Wi-Fi network generated by the Elios4you control unit (typically used for system monitoring in local configuration)
- Indirect mode: the Elios4you control unit is connected to a Wi-Fi network, so the system must be connected to that network (typically used for system monitoring from remote location)
For user registration follow this tutorial.
Sure. It is possible to renew the subscription to access the services provided by the 4-cloud portal. After renewal, all monitoring data of the system will be available again. To renew the 4-cloud portal subscription you shall:
- Access the 4-cloud portal with username and password
- Press on “Renew services” from the menu
- Select from the list the system you wish to renew your subscription to
- Continue with payment
To connect the Elios4you system to a Fritzbox modem 3490 it is necessary to adjust the router settings as follows:
- disconnect the 5GHz WiFi network
- adjust settings of WiFi protocol on 802.11 b/g/n
Save the new settings and restart the router. It is now possible to start the configuration wizard of Elios4you:
After configuring the new device it is possible to restore the last backup of data monitored by Elios4you using the “Cloud Backup” function on the App.
For the backup and restore procedure read this tutorial.
It is possible to perform a backup of data monitored and saved on your smartphone / tablet using the “Backup” function.
As needed, it allows to perform the data recovery saved on the same device, or to import data on another smartphone / tablet associated to the same Elios4you system.
Note: Backup and restore can be performed only among devices with the same operating systems (Android or iOS).
For the backup and restore procedure read this tutorial.
Yes. To keep a high level of performance and security for all Elios4you systems, the data backup is preserved for 15 days.
For further information on the “Cloud Backup” functions, for saving and restoring the monitoring data of your system, read this tutorial.
Yes. It is possible to restore historical data on the “Elios4you” App saved in a previous backup and import data saved on another tablet / smartphone, as long as they have the same operating system (Android or iOS). For the recovery procedure read this tutorial.
Note: it is not possible to import on the “Elios4you” App the data present on the 4-cloud portal.
This is not possible at the moment. The multi-system management is only available on the 4-cloud portal (subscription needed).
It is possible to extend production and data exchange CT cables of Elios4you up to 20 metres, using shielded cables at least 2×0.75sq. mm long.
It is possible to extend the CT cables of the Power Reducer SA up to 20 metres, using shielded cables at least 2×0.75 sq. mm.
It is possible to extend CT production and data exchange cables up to 20 metres, using shielded cables at least 2×0.75sq. mm long. If the distance to cover is more than 20 metres, it is also possible to replace the two cabled CT of Elios4you Smart with two wireless RC Energy Meter (single-phase or three-phase).
Yes. It is possible to extend CT production and data exchange cables of Elios4you up to 20 metres, using shielded cables at least 2×0.75sq. mm long.
If the distance to cover is more than 20 metres, the two CT shielded cables of Elios4you Smart can be replaced with two RC wireless Energy Meters (single-phase or three-phase). It is not possible to replace the CT of the Power Reducer SA with one RC wireless device.
Users know they are purchasing too much energy from the grid thanks to the Consumption alarm of the Elios4you system: it notifies them when a custom value of energy purchased from the grid is exceeded.
In that case, the related icon on the home of the “Elios4you” App is ON. It is possible to activate email notification for alarms detected by the system using the related function of the 4-cloud portal (subscription needed).
Yes. It is possible to use the Consumption alarm to know when consumptions exceed a custom value. This notification is especially useful for Elios4you system users to monitor their solar PV system.
The Consumption alarm, when activated, gives information about overcoming a custom value of energy purchased from the grid.
It is frequently used to know how much energy the user is purchasing from the grid and whether they are reaching the maximum withdrawal capacity according to their energy supply contract, to avoid sudden blackout.
To have correct and reliable data detected by the system and displayed on the App and on the 4-cloud portal, it is necessary to set system parameters.
Once system parameters are all correct on the “Elios4you” App, it is possible to set also the Consumption alarm: for instance, this alarm is useful to know whether the user is reaching the maximum withdrawal capacity from the grid according to their energy supply contract.
To properly set the system paratemers that are usually defined by the installer, follow this guide.
After installing Elios4you control unit, download the “Elios4you” App from Android Play Store or Apple App Store and follow the guided procedure:
From “Elios4you” App users can:
- keep all your PV system data under control
- check if alarm icons are ON (to activate email notification it is necessary to be subscribed to the 4-cloud portal)
- program the devices usage monitored by our products to maximize self-consumption
Once completed the Wizard Configuration, it is necessary to set the System Parameters, to have appropriate and reliable data detected by the system and displayed on the App and on the 4-cloud portal.
Yes. With the 4-cloud portal’s additional services it is possible to set email notification in case of alarms generated by Elios4you. This is useful for additional information and to check the proper functioning of your own system and the Elios4you’s system. › Read the tutorial
Alarms noticed by the Elios4you system and sent as an email by the 4-cloud portal or visible on the free App “Elios4you” are useful for paying attention to some information registered, or not registered, by our products.
They might signal a malfunctioning or simply advice the user to check that the system is working well > See 4-cloud alarms
The 4 icons on top of the home screen of “Elios4you” App show whether there are alarms or not. › Show legend
› Read the tutorial to learn how to activate the RC Smart function
Yes. You can manage your own priorities via the “Elios4you” App to activate Smart Plug RC and Smart Switch RC, and set delays and thresholds for each device.
Via the “Elios4you” App, you can manage up to 4 wireless plugs:
- Smart Plug RC, for loads with electrical plug (household appliances such as washing machine, dehumidifier, stoves, electrical radiators, fans…)
- Smart Switch RC, for loads without electrical plug, connected via phase, neutral and ground wires (for instance radiant electrical heating, minipool pumps, air conditioning…)
Each load is easily managed from the “Elios4you” App for free, available for Android / Apple iOS smartphone and tablet.
After setting thresholds and timer on the App , Elios4you system will be able to smartly activate wireless plugs according to a customized and preselected order, depending on the energy available for self-consumption.
Yes. You can manage via the “Elios4you” App your own priorities to activate the Smart Plug RC and the Smart Switch RC setting delays and activating thresholds of each device.
Via the “Elios4you” App, you can manage up to 4 Smart Plug RC connected to household appliances such as: washing machine, dryer, dehumidifier, fan etc.
Each load is easily managed via the free “Elios4you” App, available for Android / Apple iOS smartphone and tablet.
After setting via App thresholds and timer, the Elios4you system will be able to smartly activate wireless plugs according to a customized and preselected order, depending on the energy available for self-consumption.
Launch the “Elios4you” App → Menu → System parameters → Relay management → Auto → Change settings
Select the activation and deactivation threshold of the relay depending on the energy consumed by your boiler/heat pump.
EXAMPLE: if you wish to activate the 1500 W boiler connected to the relay only in when surplus energy is available, then use the following parameters:
- activate it with an input energy superior to 1600 W with 1 min delay
- deactivate it with an input energy minor to 1600 W and with 1 min delay
The www.4-cloud.org portal can be used only after configuration of the monitoring device with a Wi-Fi internet connection. Some minutes after configuration, the user can connect the device.
To set many smart devices with the same Eios4you please follow the instruction below:
- During each configuration wizard the “Elios4you” App must be completely switched off.
- At every configuration, always follow all steps suggested by the App.
- All configurations shall be executed with the same mode on Elios4you (or direct configuration/configuration via a router / AP on all mobile devices).
The Widget is a service displaying data of one or more devices available on the 4-cloud portal. It provides the display of PV power and energy produced directly on a website page, or on the screen of a TV as a synoptic panel. The chart screen can be personalized on demand, with logos of the installer and/or customer.
CAUTION: the use of Widget requires the subscription to the 4-cloud portal to access the information.
The “Elios4you” App allows the user to view the data instantly detected from the solar PV system where Elios4you is installed. This gives the user the chance to manage the building’s energy consumption in a better and more precise way, thus cutting down the electricity bill. Instead, the 4-cloud portal offers a long term analysis, in order to compare the energy produced / consumed during the whole year, and to easily download those information on Excel files directly on your PC. The 4-cloud portal, differently from the App, saves all information and a backup copy independently from the phone / tablet in use, even if the memory is full. Furthermore, the portal can configure up to five mail addresses to receive alarms generated by the error signals or malfunctions of the solar PV plant detected by the control system.
This is due to a change in the device working modality. To restore its correct functioning, you have to:
- Disconnect the Power Reducer from the power supply
- Keep the black button pushed (Boost button), to supply again the Power Reducer
- Wait: two acoustic “beep” in a rapid succession signal the process has been carried out successfully.
The Power Reducer is now functioning again:
- LED green blinking, depending on the energy power detected by the CT
- LED yellow blinking, depending on the energy power redirected to the resistance
Yes. The relay will keep on managing the smart switching of the electric household connected to it. Together with the Smart Plugs RC, it will also maximize serf-consumption.
To improve the Wi-Fi signal reception of Elios4you, we suggest three possibilities:
We suggest Elios4you Pro, which is suitable for systems up to 50kWp. Via the free “Elios4you” App for Android / iOS devices, it is possible to visualize the production/consumption data and the energy exchanged wtih the grid. This will help you maximizing self-consumed energy from your solar PV system, thus cutting down the electricity bill.
Yes. During the installation, the device can be configured via a Wi-Fi router. Such configuration allows the user to monitor the system FOR FREE using the “Elios4you” App, even from remote. Once Elios4you is connected to the internet, it is also possible to visualize the data on the portal www.4-cloud.org
No. The data are available on your PC only accessing our portal www.4-cloud.org.
To divert and store the surplus energy to an electric heater / immersion tank, the best solution is Power Reducer. This device adjusts the resistance consumption in the boiler depending on the surplus energy generated by the system. Therefore, it is possible to dramatically reduce the energy fed to the grid using the surplus power to produce domestic hot water (DHW).
Power Reducer is available in three versions:
- Power Reducer SA: a completely stand-alone device that provides hot water without ever drawing power from the grid.
- Power Reducer /Power Reducer RC combined with Elios4you: managed and monitored directly from Elios4you or Elios4you Smart devices, with programming and information displayed on the “Elios4you” App.
The solution we suggest for single-phase systems is Elios4you for systems up to 6kWp. With the free “Elios4you” App for Android/iOS devices, it is possible to visualize data of production / consumption and the energy exchanged with the grid. This will allow you to maximize self-consumption from your solar PV system, and to cut down your electricity bill.
Elios4you allows you to activate an electrical load depending on the surplus energy available. It is typically employed with a heat pump.
There are possibilities:
- Use the the Elios4you on-board relay. The smart switching ON/OFF are directly programmed from the App, depending on the available surplus energy and on configurable threshold / delay. It will be also possible to manage the switching on of the boiler in case there is no immediate energetic availability, to always keep hot water in storage.
- With the Power Reducer accessory. With a power reducer the user can accurately manage the solar PV self-consumption. Therefore, combined with Elios4you, the Power Reducer can manage the energy consumed by the boiler depending on the surplus energy of the electricity users. In that way, even if the energy available is inferior to the consumption of the boiler’s resistance, it is possible to store domestic hot water (DHW) without drawing any energy from the grid. Please click here for more information.
No. The “Elios4you” App is available only for smartphone and tablet with Android / iOS operating system. The App is FOR FREE.
The 4-cloud portal is an additional service permitting to always keep a safe on-line copy of all information detected on the registered devices. With an intuitive user interface, it offers the possibility to analyse the data monitored in the form of graphics, to download in Excel format and to print all information. The portal also creates alarm notifications: the user can configure up to five mail addresses to receive the error signals or malfunctions of the solar PV plant detected by the control system. In that way, MAIL ALARM (no SMS) are sent to inform the user on the block of one or more PV inverters, or on the malfunctioning of the solar PV system or data transmission.